We are excited to announce some standard colors we’ll now be carrying at Aldo Products!
Reflectivity is paramount when you are trying to install a cool roof, and the best way to achieve maximum reflection is to install a bright white roof, – period. White is best because it fully reflects and scatters all the visible wavelengths of light, therefore not absorbing the energy from the sun, which is then transferred into your building.
As a proponent of reducing the carbon footprint and doing our part as a coatings manufacturer to make roofs cool, we prefer to see roofs top coated in white. We understand that there are occasions when a roof needs to be restored to match an existing color, or something close to it. Because of this we have been producing colors on a case-by-case basis to meet the needs of our clients and Approved Applicators.
But now, we’re establishing some “standard colors that we’ll have on hand to regularly meet your needs.
You can see the color chart below for some of the options we’ll have as well as a few important notes related to the colors. As always, reach out to us if you have absolutely any questions!
A cool roof can benefit a building and its occupants by:
- Reducing energy bills by decreasing air conditioning needs
- Improving indoor comfort for spaces that are not air conditioned, such as garages or covered patios
- Decreasing roof temperature, which may extend roof service life.
Beyond the building itself, cool roofs can also benefit the environment, especially when many buildings in a community have them. Cool roofs can:
- Reduce local air temperatures (sometimes referred to as the urban heat island effect)
- Lower peak electricity demand, which can help prevent power outages
- Reduce power plant emissions, including carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrous oxides, and mercury, by reducing cooling energy use in buildings.