Roof restoration, the application of elastomeric roof coatings to extend the lives of deteriorating roof systems, provides a number of economic and environmental benefits when compared to complete roof replacement. Restoration is a viable option for many roof substrates including metal, single ply membrane and modified bitumen. Key determining factors in deciding if coating restoration is a viable option include the remaining service life of the roof and the structural integrity of the roof system. Reflective roof coatings have demonstrated their ability to extend the lives of aging, leaking roofs as verified by various independent third-party entities ranging from ENERGY STAR, UL Laboratories, ASTM, and FM Global to the US Department of Energy.
Economic benefits of roof restoration
- Roof restoration results in a savings of 50 – 70% compared to the cost of complete roof replacement.
- Roof restoration extends the useful life of the roof system by 10 years at which time there could be the opportunity to renew the application for another 10 years.
- Application of roof coatings is not intrusive and causes no business interruption to the commercial or industrial building owner.
- Typically roof restoration can be wholly expensed in the company’s fiscal year rather than capitalized, creating a tax savings for many companies.
- Application of reflective “cool roof” coatings can create substantial energy cost savings by reducing roof surface temperatures, heat transmitted into the building, and the energy necessary to cool buildings.
Environmental benefits of roof restoration
- Roof restoration eliminates roof tear-off waste and the addition of this waste to sold waste landfills.
- Roof restoration eliminates the transportation of tear-off waste and the impact of added exhaust emissions and fuel necessary to transport this waste.
- As noted in the economic benefits, above, installation of reflective cool roof coatings can result in reduction of energy costs expended to cool buildings during peak seasons by reducing roof surface temperatures and the heat transmitted into buildings.
- Roof restoration is friendlier to customers and employees who do can continue to enjoy using facilities since there is no interruption to business.
Prior to any manufacturer’s warranty being issued, a final inspection is performed by an independent third party inspector, who verifies coating thickness as well as the overall quality of the installation. A report is then issued, including a punch list if need be, to the manufacturer.
For more information on the benefits of roof restoration and the proven performance of roof coatings, consult the following organizations or websites or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.474.6019.
Have a question? Ask Aldo how we can help you and your clients!
The Economic Benefits Of Roof Coatings It’s any home or building owner’s nightmare to hear they need roof work done. The reason is simple: it can get very expensive very quickly. A roof replacement can be terrifying for this reason. Most replacements cost...read more
Stay up to date with all the latest Aldo news!!! Submit your email for up-to-the-minute news.